Domain name availability
A domain availability search is very important because a catchy and good domain for a product or a company can make a very big difference in the potential success of the company or the product. But checking for domain name availability and finally getting the same is not easy. That’s because the majority of the top-quality domain names are owned by some other business or company already. Hence, it is important for businesses and brands to get strategic advice and work on the suggestions available on the right way of carrying out domain availability search so as to obtain a brandable and desirable domain name.
Check If You Can Get the Domain Name from a Registrar Site
The very first step of the process is checking for domain name availability on the domain name registrar sites. If you are lucky enough, you will surely find the .net and .com domain names that will generally cost you $10 every year. There are other top-quality domain names like .tv and .pizza that will generally cost more money. Nevertheless, it is always best to stay away from all kinds of extensions apart from .com. that’s because the .com domain name speaks about the trustworthiness and legitimacy of a business in the marketplace and even helps in avoiding future confusion for the customers or the end-users.
Since there are a large number of domain names registered on a daily busy, it might be a little difficult to carry out a domain name availability search on the registrar site. In case you want to stick with the domain name of your choice, you will have to try and purchase it from the company already owning the domain name.
Search the Domain Name Marketplace Websites
Another good option is carrying out domain availability search on the domain name marketplace sites. This will help you in choosing catchy domain names, and it will also give you the option of being open to different ideas. The domain name marketplace websites are where the owners of domain names post different domain names for the purpose of selling them to the ones who are in need of the same.
Most of the time, these sites auction off the domain names and even provide names at a fixed rate. They are also into offering the catchiest of domain names that would serve perfectly for start-ups. The domain names available from these sites do work for varied businesses.
Tips on Choosing the Most Desirable and Perfect Domain Names
When carrying out a domain availability search, it is very important for you to follow a few tips that will help you in deciding on the domain name that works perfectly for your business. The tips are as follows:
- Avoid domain names that can be misspelled very easily.
- Choose a name that the employees of your organization will take pride in being associated with.
- It is always a good deal to go for the shorter domain names as they are memorable. Also, make sure that the domain name you are going for is easy to pronounce.
- Do not choose domain names that are too limiting as you observe business growth.
- Avoid domain names that can cause a lot of problems if they are translated into some other language.
- Choose a memorable domain name.
- Always think about how your domain name shall work out when keyword searches are carried out on Google. Always understand that the good names will bring in free organic traffic to your site.
- Go for the names that instantly help the viewers in knowing everything about a business or a site and its offerings.
- Always avoid going for hyphenated names.
Steps to Follow When Buying Domain Name from an Owner
Prior to approaching an owner for a domain name, make sure to carry out due diligence initially to find out whether it makes proper sense to purchase the name or not. Some important due diligence steps that you must go for are as follows:
- Check out the penalty tool available from Google to ensure the domain name that you have chosen does not have any kind of penalty against it.
- Carry out a proper Google search on the domain name that you have chosen to make sure what links and references are available out there.
- It is also important to carry out a trademark search.
- Think about the fact that whether you would also require an international version of the name or not.
- Also, make sure to carry out proper research on ensuring that the name you have chosen is not confusingly the same as the name of the business chosen by your competitor.
- Check whether you can get desired domain names on different social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Following the above-mentioned steps in checking domain name availability will surely bring you to the name that you had always desired for your business. It is just that you have to put in good thought and effort into choosing a name that catches the attention of the browsers online and brings them to your site instantly. You must make the name as memorable as you can so the visitor to your site remembers it always and keep coming back to you for doing business. There are experts operating in the market that can help you with the choice of domain names that can bring you good business.